Monday 11 June 2007

Lowest common denominator

So I'm doing supply at the moment waiting to start full time next week. It's got its bonus points; no planning, marking, stressing. But I am the lowest point in the teaching food chain and that's alright. Sometimes feel like some kind of Clark Kent wanting to rip his shirt open and shout 'I'll save you!' but I won't.

The kids are funny as hell. I am a walking 'legend' apparently, 'lethal' with it. Their normal teacher comes back and no matter how much of a bastard I have been to them (not really, you just have to put them in their place sometimes) they all sound disappointed for me to leave.

Have been walking down the street, my most difficult student shows up and smiles! Fucking smiles after giving grief and attitude and language. I smile back, we chat and it feels like we've been mates for years.

Seems like you build relationships with everyone you meet. I suppose it's up to us whether we want to make anything out of them.

See, you get alot in return.

No comments: