Thursday 21 June 2007

A week at a new school

I am not going to go into it but you would not believe the week i am having, and I have finally started a job at my new school. What a difference it makes to finally belong somewhere, have your own classroom and just start being me for a change.

The kids are suitably challenging but also a bit taken aback i think. 'Who the hell is this?' i hear them cry as they walk in. Little do they know whats in store for them.........

Loads of things I've noticed though about going back into a permenant job. The planning now has to be done; i can't just sit back and wait for the next day to come. Something i was looking forward to but then we all like our evenings without stressing about the next day lessons. Bu then I love the freedom it gives you. I can think up any way I want to teach these kids a topic, no matter how random it gets and believe me it gets random. I sit sometimes and just think about some different, more interesting way to show ideas. what other props can I use, what other activities haven't I tried. Sometimes it works, sometimes it's useless but I try. And it's not all for them, it's for me too. Makes it more interesting somehow.

Staff are great so far but again I don't think they know what's in store for them. I did try and tell them at interview I wasn't your normal teacher, a maverick my reference said. Well, I'm in now and they can't chuck me out.

Got to love it!

No comments: